Monday, October 7, 2013

At the Carnival

About the day!
Hello all! Today was a lovely fall day in Texas. A sneak peak at cooler temps and breezy afternoons today. Last night was also really breezy and cool. I really hope this weather sticks around for a while because I like it. I went to meet my best friend Ashlee Elle for a shopping date but to our surprise, there was a carnival at the mall yesterday. We ventured about the mall finding cute rings and things and then came out to enjoy the weather and the festivities. As always I had a fun day filled with lots of gufaws and giggles. I really love my bestie. She makes any trip to the store fun and worth while. 

About the night!
  Also, my other best friend/boyfriend Dan ;) went on a little night trip with me to the store after dinner. We had homemade ramen again tonight. We cooked it with beef, vegetables, garlic, green onions, ramyun noodles and two eggs on top. YUM!!

 Anyhoo, the walk to the store was the most terrifying walk of my life because a bazillion cockroaches were outside on top of sewer drains near the walk way. These creepy crawlers made me run for my life screaming. I seriously have a massive phobia of insects and crawly creatures. I know some people love them but ICK I can't even deal. I know they are harmless and obviously don't bite but they freak me out like no other. Anyway, I enjoyed my day and evening with two of the most important people in my life. Seems like things are looking up. Cheers!

About the outfit!
This skirt has some history. I wore it about one year ago in the spring time when I started my blog up again. I was in love with it from day one. I got it at Kohl's on sale with my employee discount at the time. I am so glad I kept this gem around even when I gained weight. I was determined to fit it again.  
Here's how I wore it in 2012.

Here's how I wore it today
Outfit Details:
Schnauzer Print Cardigan: H&M
Salmon Lace Dress: Gift from Ashlee Last Christmas 
Tiered Multi-colored Circle Skirt: Lauren Conrad @ Kohl's
Tights: Target
Metallic Lace Up Loafers: BCBG Generation
Grey Crochet Turban: Dream In Vintage Shoppe
Studded Pink Bow Bag: Charlotte Russe
Necklace: Valentine's Day Present from Dan :D
All Day Disco Sunnies: ModCloth(no longer available)

 

7 comments:

  1. Had mucho fun too lady, this weather needs to stay! Plus, I'm loving the fact that you used gufaw in a sentence! Lol quite perfect really. By the way, the dinners you guys make always look so darn good, I want it! Minus the beef ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally in love with those shades :] And you're so brave to wear colored tights...I have some but I never quite manage to wear them out the door. Also I am dying to make some homemade ramen. Such cute date food for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Found you yesterday! Love your style :)

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first outfit is so retro! Love it! The puppy cardigan is adorable! ^_^ <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fun :) Love your gameboy phone case!!

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete